Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Providence

A couple years ago, a friend at church was scheduled to sing and asked Ken and me to join her for a trio and sing a song which had been written by Daniel & Angie Edwards (one or the other or both--I'm not certain exactly). I struggled to sing it not because of the range or difficult harmony, no, no. I struggled because it hit me dead center in my heart! We postponed singing the song for several weeks "for no apparent reason" until I had prayed enough that I could finally sing it.

When I posted yesterday morning (see Faith on faith, below), this song was running through my mind, and I thought about posting the lyrics but didn't feel like digging through our notebook to find them. Interestingly enough, last night we watched the evening service of Sea Breeze Campmeeting in Hobe Sound, FL, (http://www.hobesoundbiblechurch.com/livestreaming.php) and Dan & Michelle Durkee and their oldest son sang this very song! That did it. I decided the lyrics need to be posted!

I CHOOSE TO TRUST

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus;
Just to take Him at His word;
Just to rest upon His promise;
Just to know, "Thus saith the Lord."

Have you ever been beaten low,
The doubts and questions are lurking so?
That is when the tempter always comes.
You wonder if our God's the same;
You wonder if He knows your name;
In spite of all your doubts just say to Him:

  • I choose to trust the God I cannot see;
    I choose to walk the path He chose for me;
    I choose to love the One Who gave His life for me;
    I choose to put my faith and trust in Christ.

God said in His Word so dear,
"Draw nigh to me, and I'll draw near;
Resist the evil one, and he must flee."
So then, my friend, take up your shield,
To Satan's darts we must never yield,
Take courage, lift up your heart to God and say:

  • I choose to trust the God I cannot see;
    I choose to walk the path He chose for me;
    I choose to love the One Who gave His life for me;
    I choose to put my faith and trust in Christ.

Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus;
Just to take Him at His word.
I choose to trust the One Who gave His life for me;
I choose to put my faith and trust in Christ.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Faith - I could not believe it when they sang that song! It was exactly what I needed last night! While I cannot "see" God right now, I still KNOW He is there!! Great blog!!!

LaDonna said...

That song is always going to be a favorite of mine! And I'll probably never be able to sing it without you and Ken, EVER!!