After posting last night (no, it wasn't morning because I hadn't slept yet), while drifting off to sleep, I realized I probably wasn't very convincing that I couldn't think of any words. * sigh *
I was also thinking of two emails I received yesterday and realized they were from school friends as well. Had to chuckle about that. A student who was always organized and prompt was apologizing for being slow about a matter, and one of my three bestest friends from college found me (I obviously don't stay in touch with her like I should!) and wanted to add me to her FaceBook account--you betcha!! :)
Which reminds me that the night before, my brother-in-law called to tell me that one of my students had just visited in his church and home and had told him memories of his "favorite English teacher." I have listened and trembled as people tell (yeh, even in a public venue) their memories about their English teachers (Why is it that certain memories seem to be associated with English teachers rather than, say Algebra or Chemistry teachers?!), but I think I passed his test. :)
Growing up I was so often sighing and groaning as my parents introduced me to yet another person "we went to school with." I think I am indeed "shaving my dad's face"! (see About me)
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment