Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Perspective makes all the Difference

* sigh * Today (Tuesday, I mean) has been a sad day...from earth's perspective. My friend called to let us know her mother-in-law had passed away this evening. Later we received an email that a dear friend of Ken's family had also passed away tonight. (So much for my trouble with trilogies ponderings: the last email makes four.) I'm thankful, however, that I was reminded today of the poem that had comforted me, and that I took the time to share it. Yes, it was a sad night here--and tears are in order! We don't sorrow for these ladies who have gone on--we sorrow for those who are still here. But even through the tears, we rejoice that
"...just at the moment when someone at my side says,
“There she goes!”
there are other eyes watching her coming,
and other voices ready to take up the glad shout:
“Here she comes!"

Today was an awesome day in heaven! :)

No comments: