(Thursday, when I started this) I've got just the greatest big brother (well, actually I have TWO greatest big brothers, but this time I mean the older one!)--looked up to him all my life, been incredibly influenced by him, love to pick his brain and hear his perspective on all kinds of things, but we disagree on this:
Do events happen or not happen in "threes"?
I say, Yes. Nature loves trilogies. There's a reason behind the old adage Mom recited so often, "What seconds itself, thirds itself."
Tim says, No. The human mind loves trilogies. Whenever two events "connect," the human mind googles [my term, not his!--his would be far more academic :)] for a third event to complete the trilogy. I have been praying for a former classmate who has been hovering near death; praying for a friend whose mother is hovering near death; and now praying for a former student whose wife just died. Three people dealing with death. I don't WANT a trilogy on this issue!Thank God, I received word tonight that my classmate is experiencing miraculous healing!! So my mind joyfully releases it's "obsession" with trilogies. I mean, I'm truly NOT LOOKING for a third person to be near death!!
(today - Tuesday, when I finished) ... I decided not to post such a perhaps morbid post on Thursday, but now I have this trilogy thing on my mind again.
On Saturday, Ken & I traveled over to Sevierville to meet my brother Andy on his way home from Mississippi. We pulled into the parking lot of the Golden Corral Restaurant, looked around... Yea! We beat him getting here! (He had no idea what an accomplishment that was on my part.)
But Ken thought that he remembered Andy saying Ryan's (which is across the street), so we decided to call him just to make sure he wasn't waiting for us at Ryan's while we were waiting for him at Golden Corral!
He answered sounding sort of out of breath, "Yes, I'm right up the road from there. Did you see the flashing lights? There was a bad accident here right beside me, and I'm filling out the police report..." We so thanked God that he is safe!! When he met us and told us more about it, we thanked the Lord again...and have been ever since. Andy thought that the one driver might need treatment and then would be okay, but that the other driver, only by a miracle, would survive. Later that evening we checked the website for the newspaper and learned that the man had indeed passed away.
In Monday's online update and obituary, we learned that a wife and three children are left to mourn their sudden loss. We have been praying for them this weekend and especially today (funeral). The only comfort is in knowing that he was a Christian man, so he is with the Lord.

No comments:
Post a Comment