This morning has been an awesome morning. I know I'm risking sounding superspiritual (and that I'm not), but I've been sensing the reassuring presence of God repeatedly throughout this morning, and I can't keep it to myself!
Many moons ago in a college PR group, we sang a song that has come back to me at the most desperate and wonderful times... I found myself singing it this morning. So true!! He's that close.
He's as close as the mention of His name
by Gordon Jensen
In the very thought of Jesus His presence can be found;
He's as close as the mention of His name.
There is never any distance between my Lord and me;
He's as close as the mention of His name.
Chorus:
He's as close as the mention of His name: Jesus, Jesus.
He's as close as the mention of His name: Jesus, Jesus.
In my hour of struggle so many times I've found:
He's as close as the mention of His name.
Just to breathe the name of Jesus can turn everything around;
He's as close as the mention of His name.
Another song running through my mind on that same tenor is an old hymn, a favorite of mine, "Jesus, the very thought of Thee." The two verses I remember are:
Jesus, the very thought of Thee
With sweetness fills the breast;
But sweeter far Thy face to see,
And in Thy presence rest.
Nor voice can sing, nor heart can frame,
Nor can the memory find
A sweeter sound than Thy blest Name,
O Savior of mankind!
(Oh my! I decided to google the hymn to be sure I had the words right... there are 15 verses on the cyber hymnal site!)
Gotta get back to work now. :)
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment