Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Laurel And Hardy, Perfect Day (1929)

Thanks to Jon Plank's comment (to my post titled "We're going' now..." NOT!) which contained this link, I was able to watch this classic movie on the internet--a long way from reel to reel, eh?! lol

Interestingly enough, the line my family has remembered so well, "We're goin' now..." is only said ONE time in the entire movie (I guess you'd say that comment "grew" on us over the years!). I have to wonder why I didn't remember the man with the bandaged foot being in the movie at all. His foot was only dropped, clunked, banged, sat upon, squashed, bludgeoned, absolutely clobbered how many times?! Go figure...

They were going on a picnic, not a trip, I listed happenings out of order, and they didn't just drive away... they drove into, oh, I don't want to spoil the ending if you have never seen the movie! Sorry 'bout that.

All in all, however, since I saw that movie in either 1980 or 1982, I don't think my memory served me too badly!

Thanks again, Jon! :)

1 comment:

Jon Plank said...

YW.... Laurel & Hardy are the best! 8^)