Becky called a little while ago to tell me I'm a great aunt. (Hey, I already know I'm a "great" aunt! lol jk)
Emily Anne Grout made her appearance at 10:21 AM! She weighs 7 lbs 4 oz and is 20.5 inches long. She's wide eyed, alert and already nursing. Thanks to God for a safe delivery!
Hey, thats neat! I found out less than five hours after she was born. I have even been calling one of the girls her 'Emily' tonight by accident. Her name is Emihle.
Hi, We are here in the US until July 22. We had a service at Easley Bible Methodist this past Sunday - sorry. We will be in Spartinburg this coming Sunday, then in June we head to Ohio for services and to be with Tiff's family. Hope we do get to see ya. Lord Bless! and good to hear from you. Daniel Melton
Thinking about what to enter "about me" reminded me of a cartoon drawing I saw recently. A man was looking into a mirror while shaving. I can't recall the words exactly (I'll hafta look for that now!), but the gist of the caption was: You know you're gettin' old when one morning you look in the mirror and realize you're shaving your dad's face! Well, I'm obviously NOT shaving my dad's face, lol, but my description made me see my dad in me: He had a heart for missions, Christian Ed and ministry. I've been a teacher and an admin assistant in Christian schools, a curriculum developer for a Christian Ed publisher, a short-term missionary, and I'm currently a ministry assistant.
Last (tho' certainly not least!) I'm homemaker and wife to the wonderful Ken Young, Jr! He knows all about me and still loves me anyway... it doesn't get any better than that. :)
Sadly enough, I know these missionaries only by name or have met them in person or by phone briefly. I do, however, have some connection with each of them in one way or another and so follow their blogs with interest and prayers.
3 comments:
Hey, thats neat! I found out less than five hours after she was born. I have even been calling one of the girls her 'Emily' tonight by accident. Her name is Emihle.
She looks so cute!!
Hi,
We are here in the US until July 22. We had a service at Easley Bible Methodist this past Sunday - sorry. We will be in Spartinburg this coming Sunday, then in June we head to Ohio for services and to be with Tiff's family. Hope we do get to see ya. Lord Bless! and good to hear from you. Daniel Melton
Post a Comment