Friday, May 23, 2008

A Vote for Pete and Repeat

I called our insurance company today to take care of the details for the new car... After giving the agent various info, I told her about us calling them Pete and Repeat (or maybe HIS and HERS) and then brought up the challenge of differentiating between the two vehicles on their policies since they are the same year, model and color. She replied that we would have to rely on knowing the VIN# for each one. I groaned. There is no way we are going to remember that full bowl of alphabet soup!

Then she told me that the first four characters are the same for both, but from the fifth characters on, they are different. The fifth character for the new car is R, altho she didn't know an easy way to remember that, and the fifth character for the current one (yeh, you are getting ahead of me!), is P! Then she laughed, "I already know how you will remember them: Pete and Repeat!" How cool is that? A ready-made mnemonic!! :)

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Too Funny!!! You have to name them Pete and Repeat!!