Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The mind is a wonderful thing...

It forgets some very important stuff sometimes and then hangs on to some of the weirdest minutiae, e.g.:



My lunch plate "inspired" this post.





I was probably 17 when this happened, but I never eat an English muffin without remembering this episode. One morning I was leaving for school and running late (of course). Mom, insisting that I eat something for breakfast regardless of the time, toasted an English muffin for me, spread it with butter and topped it thickly with peanut butter just like I like it. Yum!







I came out of my bedroom, my left arm and hand wrapped around a stack of books and holding my keys, popped into the kitchen to gobble the first half of the muffin, then grabbed the second half and dashed off. Between the breezeway and the garage of the Beavertown parsonage, was a jalousy door which was a little heavy to move. Carefully balancing my stack of books with one hand and verrrrry carefully holding my peanut-buttered muffin in my other hand, I contorted my pinky finger and palm to fit around the door knob and managed to unlatch the door.







With my pinky finger still on top of the knob, I stepped back, then jerked my arm to swing open the door. When I did, faster than the door could swing, the peanut butter on my muffin fwooped right offa the muffin and onto the floor--still in a circle!! Actually, it was sorta awesome (I hadn't realized until then that peanut butter could do such a feat!) but at the moment, I was late, so it was only aggravating. I hollered to Mom for help, and she came with a rag, pushed me out the door and cleaned up the mess.

3 comments:

LaDonna said...

I enjoyed getting caught up on your vacation, was disappointed to hear about CiCi's, and am looking forward to seeing you guys tonight!!!

The Smith Family said...

Great getting to know you. I'm excited about working with you. It's nice to put faces with names.

Nancy said...

Faith~

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement over at my blog. I am so grateful to God that He would use me to "provoke" another of His people. May the Lord strengthen you as you seek to be a doer of His Word!