When we moved into our mobile home 7 years ago, we inherited a varied collection of flowers and bushes. Now don't get me wrong, We love to drive by other people's houses and ooh and aah over their beautiful flower gardens. We just don't want those gardens where we have to take care of them! Neither Ken nor I enjoy working in the dirt, with plants, however you want to describe it! Several times when visitors have remarked about one or another of them we have urged, "Would you like to have it, because we would like to get rid of it!" and some have said they would love to have this or that plant but never actually took us up on our offer. One time a friend was going to take us up on it, but she ended up weeding everything and then it looked so nice she wanted to leave it for us.
Some time ago we got into a discussion at church about yardwork, and I blurted, "I wish I knew someone who would come pull all the stuff out at our place and cart it away without charging us an arm and a leg." Pastor Bentz assured us he would. We discussed it further and he agreed to come do it "sometime."
Today was "sometime!"
This bush had gotten so big we could hardly pass by it on the sidewalk. Several of the top branches had been cut down when I snapped this picture, but there was so much sawdust flying in the air, I stepped back inside the house, and then,
Crazy me. I got distracted and didn't take any more pictures while they were working! They used chain saw, lopper (sp?), chain hitched to van, pickax... what else?! It was quite the operation. They cleared out every shrub, bush, vine, flowering plant, and edging too...
The edging was great material for a "lake effect"--not to mention how many times people have stumbled over it, us included. During and after a hard rain, the stepping stones were veritable islands in a lake. Now the water can run down the hill instead of puddling!
I should also have gotten a picture of the loaded van. I was sure some of the brush wasn't going to fit, but Bro Bentz got it all in there somehow. There was barely room for them to ride home.
...Now you don't!
Whew! The cleared look is wonderful!! Now it's mow. Weedeat. Done!
* I'll get an updated pic tomorrow.

1 comment:
Thought of you the other day and now with the van picture it reminds me again---Greg Miller and Majesty were at our church Sun. night. Excellent job. I had told him in Aug. when we dropped our son at PVBI that he was on your blog and told him to check it out. You keep busy enough, don't you. Lolly
Post a Comment