Friday, April 4, 2008

She got me... I've been tagged!

So I've been tagged (Thankfully it's not the game I hated as a kid!) by my dear nephew's wife because she wants to know more about me. :)

RULES: Answer the questions about yourself. At the end of your post, tag 5 people by posting their names, then go to each of their blogs and post this comment: "You've been tagged! Come to my blog for the details."

What I was doing ten years ago: working as an administrative assistant at Foothills Christian Academy in Friendsville, TN.

Five things on my to-do list today:

  1. email several friends and family members to see if they are interested in having some things I am ready to give away;
  2. various duties involved in my work as a ministry assistant;
  3. mail a card to a friend who is recuperating from a serious health crisis;
  4. research info about a Canon Pixma iP2000 printer that came with the digital camera I recently bought to see how much it is worth so I hopefully can sell it;
  5. catch up with everybody's blogs and FaceBook entries, of course! :)
Five snacks that I enjoy:

  1. salty snacks;
  2. sweet snacks;
  3. sweet & salty snacks;
  4. hot snacks;
  5. cold snacks.
(Somehow I bet that wasn't what Belinda was looking for! LoL)
  1. salty like Lay's potato chips or Fritos;
  2. sweet like Bing cherries, red grapes, watermelon, canteloupe;
  3. sweet & salty like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or Peanut M&M's or Snickers;
  4. hot like popcorn or fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip or snickerdoodle cookies;
  5. cold like Heavenly Hash ice cream or original Klondikes!
(Yeh, I know that's more than 5, but hey, if we ever get to go to California for a visit, these are details she needs to know! [jk Belinda] And besides, Belinda asked me all this cuz she wants to get to know more about me. * grin *)

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:

  1. TITHE: split the tithe to at least 10 missionaries;
  2. PAY EXPENSES: pay off all debts/bills, which would also include a roomy-but-not-extravagant house on at least an acre of land (complete with personal chef, maid, and lawn care person) and a nice-but-not-extravagant car;
  3. SPEND TIME WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS: free Ken from his job so we can travel and spend time with family and friends wherever they are! To California to visit Paul & Belinda; to South Africa to visit my niece, Tabitha; to Colombia to visit my sister, Becky; to Canada and Texas to visit my two best friends from college; to Taiwan to see all the changes that have happened since I left there in 1987 and to show the country to Ken--that's just for starters!
  4. HELP PEOPLE: teach (and not for an exorbitant fee either!) young people to be financially independent and other people to become so (which would also involve finding some people who are truly struggling and helping them get back on their feet);
  5. WRITE A WILL!
Three of my bad habits: (only 3, not 5--nice!)

  1. want everything to be perfect
  2. procrastinate dusting until we have company coming
  3. eat out too often because I so dislike cooking
Five places I have lived:

  1. Kissimmee, FL
  2. Kansas City, KS
  3. Lewisville, TX (Dallas suburb)
  4. Taipei, Taiwan
  5. Baltimore, MD
Five jobs I have had:

  1. babysitter
  2. nurses' aide (nursing home)
  3. teacher (Levels K through College Senior)
  4. edit/proofer
  5. customer service for phone book delivery company
Five bloggers I want to know more about:

  1. Rick Alexander
  2. Glen Asbury
  3. Gwen Tolley
  4. Connie Earls
  5. Hope Gallagher

(Someone was wondering how to make text into a link. When you are composing a post, highlight the text that you wish to appear as a link, then click on the icon to the right of the T and color palette; it's a chain "link" above a globe [or at least I think that's what it's sposta be!]. A little window will pop up in which you enter the URL/web address, then click OK.)

Yay!! I'm not it any more! (I bet that will be the last time Belinda asks to know more about me!)

3 comments:

Belinda said...

Thanks for playing!! See, I didn't know all of that stuff about you. Now I know you better, Ha!! Maybe now that we have both been tagged, we won't have to do one of those silly things again.

Faith said...

Nah, I didn't really mind THIS tag. It's the game we played as kids that I hated so vehemently!

Gallagators said...

oh fun! Thanks for your comments, and for tagging me! I'll be back to complete it later, if it isn't too late :) I need to adjust my settings so I get an email when someone leaves me a comment...I don't have that on my personal blog, so I often miss comments for awhile. I love to be tagged though, and am looking forward to completing this!