I suppose here is as good a spot as any to get a word out about the Canon Pixma iP2000 printer. Manual, cord, software, etc is included. I'm not sure if there is ink in it or not. I have not used it (didn't even hook it up because I don't like to install software unnecessarily), but the report from the previous owner was that it works. I'm selling it because I don't think I will use it and I don't have room for it only to take up space. I much prefer digital photos on my computer to printed photos. If you are interested, email me at kefayATiglide.net.
The call that revealed that Ken's workstyle doesn't fit the company he had applied to work for seems like it came months ago instead of a mere 3 weeks! The position he applied for at his "first choice" is still not showing up as "another candidate selected" and previous positions took up to 6 weeks to fill, so we're still waiting and watching and praying for God's direction about moving.
Every so often my brother, Andy, gets to come in his coach bus through Knoxville, TN, on his way to/from the Southland. On his way north, we usually meet him in Sevierville to visit over lunch. We met him again on Saturday, April 12. Our visits are simply too short. We're always so glad to see him and so reluctant to say our goodbyes.
The week of IHC we gladly watched various services. What a delight since we weren't able to attend in person. (The company Ken works for started last year to have inventory the same week as IHC. Perhaps we can attend in 2011 when IHC is late in April.) I've heard Dr. Scott give his testimony on sanctification so many times that I'm pretty sure I know what he's going to say next, but I love hearing him tell it every time! Somehow he tells it so heartfelt and fresh each time. I smiled when he revealed the recently discovered identity of the man who asked him, "Are you praying for yourself or someone else?" Knowing that man was Bro. Fred Watson, I'm not surprised at all that Dr. Scott's ignore-him-and-he'll-go-away strategy didn't work! (Bro. Watson is a dear friend of my family and me. He prayed much for me before I was born and beat my dad to see me at the hospital the morning I arrived! For years he called me his "Faith-child" which was embarrassing to me as a child but endearing to me later.)
Bro. Dan Stetler's message was very similar to one he preached at Penns Creek Camp last summer, but we still listened with rapt attention. What a powerful reminder to preserve and embrace and live our heritage!
Interestingly, I noticed that several people in various blogs traveled to IHC in Andy's coach! You lucky bums!! lol
When we arrived home, Ken set up his PlayStation paraphernalia, starting with a racing game complete with steering wheel. Uncle Ken teased Brandon that he would gladly accept his quarters. When he saw Brandon's expression, he hurried to assure him that he was only teasing. Here again, I should have grabbed my camera!! Did Brandon ever drive!! He rejoiced repeatedly, "I'm a reckless driver!" and he wasn't lying! We all rejoiced that he was behind the wheel in our living room instead of in a car! By the time Brandon was getting ready for bed he was telling Daddy that it was a good thing he hadn't wasted his quarters at CiCi's when he could play at Uncle Ken's for free!
After the wedding Ken & I were standing outside talking with Kenneth Walter, and he told us some things I had never known. Now that I sit here to key it in, I am missing some of the details--should have written these things down, I guess. I knew the Walters and the Cooleys had been friends since "way back," but I had no idea how "way"! He and my dad were born and raised in the little town of Nicholson, PA, famous for "the Nicholson Bridge" (officially the Tunkhannock Viaduct - scroll down and click on "View Photos" button) which was the world's largest concrete bridge from 1915 through the 1990's and a special landmark to our family.
When Kenneth Walter was 17, my dad called him to speak at a Youth Rally at the Weaversville church (which is now called the Northampton God's Missionary Church). Bro. Walter marks that service as the beginning of his ministry. He had preached a time or two at his home church before that, but that was his first "public" speaking engagement, and from then on he continued to receive calls for speaking and then went on to pastor.
Interestingly enough, when my dad resigned pastoring the Kissimmee, FL, God's Missionary Church in June 1966, Bro. Walter became the next pastor, and that is when I thought Dad and Kenneth Walter became friends! Of course, I was only 5 years old then, so cut me a little slack. :)
Back at home again after the wedding reception and again Sunday afternoon, we had more fun visiting, or watching the kids playing PlayStation games or watching videos. (The toybox was relegated to a spot under the little desk in the living room. Toybox vs. Technology, and Toybox lost.) We had such an enjoyable time and were sad to see them pack up their van and hit the road. My, but it was quiet after they left and Ken & I were alone again!
As often happens, more company is on the way! (We don't get a lot of company, but when we do, they seem all to come close to the same time.) My dad's younger brother, James (or Uncle Jim), called Thursday to tell us he will arrive Wednesday. This trip to IHC, KY, OK, TN, NC then home is his first trip since his wife, Georgine, passed away just before Thanksgiving 2007. Uncle Jim, who celebrated his 70th birthday on Resurrection Day/Easter (the only time in his lifetime because of Easter being so early!) has been special to me my whole life, but especially so after Dad passed away, and somehow even more after Mom passed away. He and Georgine never had kids, so they took in us orphans to make sure we felt loved and special. Everybody should be so blessed as to have an Uncle Jim!
We received a call today (Saturday) that had Ken in a tizzy: a classmate calling about his 30th high school reunion! From all indications, it will be held in Richmond, KY, not even 3 hours away, so we are planning to attend. When we talked with Ken's mom later in the day and told her about the call and purpose, she said, "Oh, Ken, surely not!" 1978-2008. The numbers don't lie. * sigh *
My sister, Becky (or Rebekah Stence as she is known to some!), is in the USA for several weeks to be with her daughter, Rhoda (& Luke Grout), for the birth of their first baby, a girl! We are hoping to see Becky when she is in PA in May, but since Rhoda's baby is giving signs of making an early arrival, Becky's itinerary is uncertain, to say the least. We're on standby about making the trip to PA.

No comments:
Post a Comment